Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Leigh

Leigh with her parents and our family. Photo credit: Nick Crane
My children's beautiful Godmother, Leigh, graduated from Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C. with her Masters this past weekend. I'm finally going through the pictures. We were lucky to able to meet Leigh's family. It felt like a family reunion, as if we've known them forever. Summer and Forrest had the time of their lives. They loved seeing people signing on campus. They also loved getting to dance to a band, eating cupcakes, drinking Coke (which only happens once or twice a year), staying up way past their bedtime and swimming at the hotel pool - so simple but so fun for them. Leigh and Nick took the kids to Gallaudet for their first ever visit. I told David one night that I missed the kids because I rarely saw them. They were always running around with Leigh's family. A perfect weekend, if I do say so myself.
Leigh's off working as a preschool teacher at the Lexington School for the Deaf in New York now and we miss her like crazy. When I first taught her 5 years ago, we knew we had to have her be the kids' nanny. So much fun. Then overnight it seemed she finished college and graduate school.
We were trying to remember the posts I wrote about Leigh. I linked all of the posts that I had on this blog. It was so much fun to look back at old pictures. Even though she's far away right now, when we drive to school every morning the kids spot a street sign that says LEIGH, they scream "Lee!!!" 
We love her. A lot.