Friday, May 24, 2013

Washington, D.C.



We returned home this past Sunday from a long weekend in D.C. for Leigh's graduation. While we were there we got to do a full day's worth of sightseeing. On the way to the city in the car the kids could not stop asking to visit Abraham Lincoln Monument. They've been learning about this President in their class. The best decision was to take the Metro, leaving our car at the hotel, which meant A LOT of walking... very interesting with two little ones. After visiting the AL Monument we walked to the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History. On the way to the museum I saw our state name and of course I had to take a picture.
The morning we left to go back home we met with some of my childhood friends, Michelle, Kristi Ann and Lauren. My friend Lauren graciously let ALL of us go to her hotel lobby. This was especially nice of her considering the fact that we had four little kids between the three families. I had so much fun catching up with everyone.
On the way home we had to make lots of stops to get their wiggles out. At each stop, I had Summer and Forrest run up and down the sidewalk, sing me some songs, and wiggle to their hearts content. I'd say we had a fabulous weekend, for sure. I know it's cliche' but it really is just fun to be together. I miss everyone already. A great end to an amazing weekend! Love you guys! XO