Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lego Birthday Party













For his 6th birthday Forrest wanted a Lego party. We had his party this past Saturday. As much as I love to throw little parties for my kids this one completely stressed me out to begin with but as soon as I got my bearings it ended up being a lot of fun. All the stores I went to had NOTHING with the party Lego theme so I knew I had to think out of the box. I put little mason jars filled with crayons so that kids could color their own Lego person and lego blocks for them to play with while the other kids were arriving. I knew from the very beginning that since it was going to be in our backyard I had to set up the party table on the deck. I found these party hats, streamers, napkins and plates of Lego colors at Target. The kids played games: Lego bingo, Lego relay race, tug-of-war, find the Lego man (David hid them all over in the backyard), and guess how many Legos are in the jar. Every one went home with their own personalized Lego shirt. It was so simple, and so fun. Forrest had only one other wish for his party. A green (yes he was very specific) Lego block piƱata. I made it in one evening using whatever we had in the garage. It took the kids at least three rounds to finally break it apart.
These are a few of Forrest's friends. I am so happy he has such a sweet circle of friends to grow up with. He talks about these little friends constantly. I'm hoping no one moves away and that they will be friends for a long, long time. Later that night, Forrest kept saying, "this is the best birthday ever." It was perfect. Man, I love this little boy. He is hilarious and sweet and smart. A total keeper.