Sunday, July 24, 2011

Birthday Girl



Happy birthday to my Summer! She turned 6 on the 22nd. We all woke up early and headed to the bagel shop for her favorite cinnamon roll.  Before we left the house, Summer received her main gift. Something she has been asking for, for a very long time. Her only gift request has been to get this hot pink scooter. She loves it. And let me say, we did not disappoint on this one. She spent the rest of the morning riding on the parking lot before heading to school.


The main excitement of the birthday was her request of going to her favorite spot at the beach for dinner and cake after school. So simple but it made her so happy! Summer invited her friend, Cova and her family, to join us. These two girls are so sweet. We planned a surprise for the birthday girl... Leigh, the kids' Godmother, drove all the way from Washington, D.C. to be with us and Summer had absolutely no clue. She was sooo excited when she saw Leigh! We all stayed up late playing at the beach. It was so fun just having close friends together. I love it. Summer said a prayer at bed and said, "Thank you that I can have the most special day in the whole world". Do they come any cuter?
Since Summer had school that day we planned her party for the next day. 9 of her little friends showed up at our house for her birthday party the next morning and I am still sorting through the pictures. Such a cute group of girls.
At the end of the night I snuggled in bed with her and asked her what her favorite part of the day was... the scooter, the beach, the new shiny notebook... and this is what she said (for real) as she snuggled up to me, "The best part, Mama, was spending time with our family".
Oh, how I love my Summer. Happy 6th birthday, sweet girl.