Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Party









We had Summer's birthday party last Saturday. She had a tea party this year. It was very fancy and very fun. I spent several weeks doing little projects to get ready for the party. Summer helped me sew the banner and the napkins. I found these mason jars and tied them with pretty ribbons. No tea party is complete without flowers. That morning Summer went with me to the florist to pick out the white roses and pink daisies.
When all the girls arrived they had their tea party served with pink lemonade in their teacups and lemon frosted cookies. The girls loved being served and had so much fun. Before lunch they went outside to play games. They really did play games... I promise. It's just I was so busy during the party that I never took any pictures of the girls outside!  For lunch we served little sandwiches, fruit kebabs and chex mix.  Summer wanted chocolate cupcakes with lots of candy on hand for the decorations. For the party favors each girl got to bring home a goody bag with their own teacup set. Summer is so fortunate to have such a sweet and fun group of girlfriends.
We love you, Summer. You have brought so much happiness into our lives.
Happy Birthday, Summer.