Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Summer's First Sentence!

The look on my face when Summer read her first sentence by herself was unbelievably excited. After reciting the first sentence beautifully, Summer looked up at me and saw my face. She threw her arms up in the air in anticipation of a hug. I gave her the world's biggest hug. We both jumped up and down (and tried not to be so loud to wake up Forrest who was napping). I grabbed my camera and captured this very special milestone. We started on doing the Kindergarten curriculum, working on letters and small words in small steps in the afternoons when she's home from preschool. Summer was quite proud of herself. It is our time together and she's always excited to do "school" at home. I was reminded of how grateful I am to be a mom, Summer's mom. I am one lucky mama to call this little one mine.