Monday, October 12, 2009

My Girl

Mondays are particularly busy days for us with preschool and gymnastics. This afternoon I was rushing the kids home from preschool, getting them fed with lunch, then down for their nap/quiet time before we leave again. Summer gets to choose nap or quiet time. She usually choose wisely. She knows if she naps, she can stay up with her brother a little bit later. If she opts quiet time, she has to go to bed early. Today, she chose nap. I had zillions of stuff waiting for me on my desk since we were away the weekend. Summer kept coming to me at my desk, one was she accidentally hit her head on the door frame and wanted a boo boo kiss, one was to let me know which leotard she wanted to wear for her gymnastics class. Then, I told her firmly, it is time to get in your bed and take a nap. A few minutes later, I felt a hand on my arm. It was Summer, again. By now, I was ready to give her the "stay in your bed" lecture. Looking at her face, I knew she was up to something. She said she wanted to give me a kiss and hug my arm. I felt so loved. I later realized she was so used to having me "putting her to bed" that I totally forgot to do that today with all the things buzzing around in my mind that needed to be done. It was her way of getting dosages of "mommy's love, hugs and kisses" before she closes her eyes. She amazes me everyday, and helps me become a better mommy. Thank you for being who you are, my girl.