Thursday, October 22, 2009

Forrest & Summer's Playroom



Our home isn't big, so to make a true playroom, I converted the dining room into a playroom. We almost never use the formal dining room, and since it being right next to the kitchen and laundry room where I spend most of my time, it was an ideal location. I am big on organization. I saw this cute picture from a Pottery Barn Kids catalog recently to get some ideas, here's what we did... David built these two shelves with scrap wood he had left in the garage. I painted summer's in white, and left forrest's natural wood. With a thick rug, mirror and pink/blue baskets from Target, wicker baskets for dress up things, table/chairs (Kidkraft) and an easel (IKEA), the playroom came alive. This is Forrest's favorite hang out place when we are home in the mornings while Summer is in preschool. I love the happy colors. It makes me want to be a little girl all over again and play with them.