Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lunch Bunch

Lunch Bunch is an hour of fun time after preschool where the kids can stay and eat lunch with their friends. I make it special, because it is not often when they go. It costs an extra $5 each time. Summer and Forrest had been begging me to go since they started school. Last Friday morning, I told the kids they could go Lunch Bunch that day. The kids' faces lit up! They ran to the pantry, took out their lunch boxes and ran around the house squealing. Excited! Forrest was so proud of his box. When we got to the preschool he kept saying to the teachers, "I'm going to Lunch Bunch!" These little things make their childhood special.

Here's a quote I read last night that really stuck to me:
"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." -Charles R. Swindoll
This quote made me beautiful, just by being their mommy. It doesn't matter how tired or glamorous I look. Knowing that I'm making their childhood special by doing these little things that are a big deal to them, makes me feel beautiful in a powerful way. I feel so much responsibility to my kids. I have been given these little ones to care for. To love and to teach them... to help them develop to their fullest potential. I am and always will be their number one fan.