Friday, May 25, 2012

Gardenias

These pretty gardenias on the coffee table made their way into the house. Our six gardenia bushes by the front porch had bloomed last week and I cut a bunch of them. I separated them all into lots of different vases and spread them throughout our home. They make the whole house smell so good. And so pretty.

I found this coffee table at a local consignment shop about a month ago. It had an ugly red stain but the size and style were exactly what i was going after. David sanded the wood and then stained it in the same stain as our stairs for a more distressed look. It added so much character. I spray painted the iron frame in a flat black color. I love how it turned out. I picked up three baskets from Pottery Barn to store kids' toys, games and blankets. Can you see the blankets are missing?