Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Little Fisherman














One of Forrest's favorite things to do is fishing. By his definition, that means fishing with a stick and a rope.  Whatever I am doing in the yard, he insists on fishing by my side. He walks on the top of the retaining wall and does whatever he pleases to do with the stick and rope. His fishing usually means that whatever I am doing in the backyard will have to stop and then I have to throw the rope out as far as I can for him. To reel in the catch, he turns the stick until the end of the rope comes up. It is something fun we do together. Today after school when we got home he said, "Mama, I am going fishing so you can leave my lunch by the wall!" He walks to the backyard with that cute little stick with pride along with the rope in his hand.  He is my little fisherman. And just like when I was his age with full of imagination, his favorite part of fishing is getting to taste each of the catch for himself.