Thursday, May 24, 2012

Answered Prayers

I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your love, support and prayers for our little family. Some of you may already know that David was laid off from his job and it has been a roller coaster of emotions. It is humbling to be in this position and we are so grateful for each of you.

Our prayers have been answered. Last week David accepted a job. And the best part is that the job is in our town. When the kids arrived home from school that day, Summer smiled and said, "Mommy, we get to stay!" That was priceless. I have never felt such joy and relief. As a parent this was the hardest part. Trying to maintain your children's schedules as routine as possible while trying to figure out, "What are we going to do?" This is the question we ask ourselves every day on numerous occasions. Summer and Forrest both have been amazing through all of this. These are the little things I don't want to forget or take for granted. As I sit and watch my children playing outside I feel the heavy weight that has been on my heart lifting. I am appreciative of the simple times I spend with my kids and David. What a blessing. I spent so much time praying that this will be OK. Now that we are, I do not want to take it for granted. I want to continue to pray now in gratitude for the blessing that we are together as a family. I feel so much gratitude to all the many other families that prayed on our family's behalf. Again, thank you. I couldn't be happier about it. I can't tell you how nice it was to walk into our house with my children and David knowing that we are staying here for good. David and I talked last night about how grateful we are... for everything. Our perspective on life has shifted. My friend sent me a quote from an essay she had been reading. It truly touched me. I can't stop going over it in my mind. It reads...

"We sleepwalk through most of our lives... and... every once in a while something happens... outside of ourselves that forces us to pay attention in a new way, or something happens inside of us that enables us to pay attention in a new way. And we suddenly realize that the world is so much richer, and more magnificent, and more wonderful than we had felt for a long time. Not to sentimentalize but i think children live much more consciously in a state of awareness of the miraculousness of existence."
-Scott Russell Sanders

This experience has touched our whole family.  It has made us better individuals.  It has made me want to be better. A better friend, a better sister, a better daughter, a better mother, a better wife. I love being a mom. Summer and Forrest's mom. Nothing could bring me as much happiness as my two little ones.