Thursday, March 1, 2012

Summer's Bed

When I saw this bed I could feel it screaming at me...
"Make me pretty!"
The best part was that I was able to restore it... one of my very favorite things to do. I found the manufacturer's label on one of the side railings that printed this bed was made in 1961 in Omaha, Nebraska. I love that this has some history to bring into our home. These pictures were taken after the original veneer were removed from the headboard and footboard. The railings were beyond repairable that I had David build a new one.




I scored this bed for $55. After eight cans of primer, a good gallon of white paint and lots of wood filler, this bed is given a new life. I love the look of four poster beds in little girls' rooms... always have.






I kept Summer's quilt from when she was a baby, switched out the fitted sheets and duvet cover with some fun patterns. I love how everything ties together. Most importantly, Summer loves it too.