Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter Tree








I try to make the holidays fun around here. Just a little effort goes a long way with little kids. The kids get so excited about everything. For Easter, I love Easter trees. I have bought a few of them over the years. I kept buying them because they were never really what I was envisioning. So this year, I decided to just make one that was exactly what I wanted. I ordered manzanita branches from a florist in California, sprayed them white and then arranged them in a big pink vase. Summer helped me decorate it while Forrest was at school. We were pretty proud of ourselves. It turned out just as I had hoped. Our other tree I moved up into Summer and Forrest's playroom. And let me tell you, they LOVE having it in there. They decorate and re-decorate it daily. Having their own tree also keeps them off of our dining table playing with (in Summer's words) "our fancy tree". It's a win-win for sure.