Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving

Our family on the day after Thanksgiving...
For the past two years we've been going to the same rental house on Kure Beach. What a year it has been since last Thanksgiving and how thankful I am for our family. I love getting together with David's family every Thanksgiving. This year David's brother in law was able to join us and it was a lot of fun.  I love that my kids were able to spend time with their cousins and I love being able to hang out with my sister in law.  The main highlight of the week for me was watching all of the cousins playing together. Their days were filled with swimming, fishing, playing on the beach, eating, dolphin sighting, playing dress-up, and running around the house. The dads took the "little kids" to see Happy Feet 2 while the girls shopped. David's parents were so gracious to offer the beach house for all of us and for that I am so grateful. I even loved the daily walks on the beach... David and I had an hour of uninterrupted time together to just talk. That was a treat in itself. Thanksgiving dinner was delicious and I did not take one photo of it. It was a wonderful week.
Happy Thanksgiving!