Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Circus Boy



Forrest has been on a little bit of a naughty streak lately. He does things he is not allowed to do and then charms his way out of them. Yesterday he was in the shower and he knows that it is a BIG no-no to waste shampoo. David and I have both had numerous conversations with him about dumping shampoo down the drain. I went to get him out of my shower and noticed the plastic bowl we have in there that they play with was extra, extra bubbly. I then noticed my shampoo bottle (not the cheap kids shampoo) was laying on the shower floor. I picked it up and sure enough it was empty. I told him he was getting dried off and heading to time out then he replied, "Mom, i am trying to learn to be a good cooker! I was NOT being naughty I was just making soup." A good cooker? Where does he come up with this stuff?? He still had to go to time out but he did get a laugh out of me.

Today he got me again. I let the kids ride their scooters on the deck. They love to play "freeway" around the deck table. It doesn't bother me and they have fun.  I do draw the line however with bikes. Bikes are not allowed. This afternoon I looked down the deck from our window upstairs and saw Forrest riding like a crazy boy all over the deck. He was doing dangerous handstands on the bike (it has training wheels) and other stunts. I came down the stairs and told him to get his bike into the garage asap. He then looked at me and said, "Mom, I am practicing to be a circus boy. Circus boys HAVE TO practice and I am NOT being naughty." I kid you not those were his exact words to me. I died. I also grabbed my camera. I then had him explain to me what he was planning on doing for the show. That first picture is of him explaining in detail the dangerous stunt he was practicing. He was dead serious. He then said he couldn't continue talking and taking pictures because he needed to exercise like daddy and propped the back training wheels onto the 1 inch thick grass next to the deck. It was enough to get the back wheel so that it didn't touch the ground. Voila... he had a stationary bike. He was peddling crazy fast and was staying in place. Hilarious.