Monday, August 30, 2010

He Did It!

Before:
After:
The first photo was taken in early Janurary of 2009. Just yesterday I took the second photo when David laid down the last pieces of sods.

David has been working for months on this major addition to our home. It is a grueling task for a one man job. My david is not 'a claimer' so I am going to brag for him. I am soo proud of him. He has worked so hard. The goal of the addition was to add a screened porch, build a shed underneath, a deck and a retaining wall to level off the backyard. Doing this has been no easy task. David's work schedule has been so crazy this last year that the only time he has had to work on the addition has been in the very early morning hours. He would get up some mornings before 5 am and make it to his office to begin his work day at 7:30 am. If he didn't get any work done then late at night after the kids go to bed he would go into the garage and start working with his power saw. To say he was determined is an understatement. This project has been huge to David. Being with him at times to help whenever I could, I then realized that this is just more than wood and screws. It is the symbol of working hard for and achieving a goal.

This all sounds so crazy but for me to see the person I love the most in this world achieve something he worked so incredibly hard for was amazing.