Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer

Summer is my mama's girl. She loves to hang out with me (which I LOVE). Whenever we go to the beach, she always ask me to play with her. The last time we went she wanted me to dig in the sand with her and make a mermaid tail with her legs. Summer loved it so much that when she got home from the beach she announced that she is going to be a mermaid for Halloween.

Lots of changes around here with Summer starting Kindergarten. I was laying in bed with her as she was dozing off this evening. We were nose to nose and she was hugging me. So there we were laying in the dimmed room and she said, "When I go to school I miss you... Thank you for being my mommy". With that sentence my eyes started to well up. There are days I question myself if I am doing the right thing. I know I am not the world's best mom but I do think I am the best mom for my children.

To my Summer, thank you for being my daughter.