Thursday, June 24, 2010

Table For Two

Last night I woke up around midnight and could not get back to sleep. I fiddled on the computer for a bit then I had an idea... I crept into Summer's room and in the dark I whispered her name. Her sleepy little eyes opened and I said, "Summer, it's Mommy. Do you want to go downstairs with me and have some cereal... just the two of us?" She sat right up and with a huge grin on her face she started shaking her head yes. The two of us went down into the kitchen and without turning on even one light, we got the milk, spoons, bowls and the box of cheerios out. She started out sitting right next to me but by mid-bowl my cute little Summer was sitting in my lap. With just the moonlight shining in on us from outside our kitchen window we had our special time. I told her a few of my very favorite things that I loved about her and tried to express how much I love her. She is my little girl, forever. With no plans the next morning, Summer was able to sleep in as late as she wanted. When she came downstairs this morning, I gave her a little wink with my eye. It was our little secret and I can't wait for another bowl of moonlit cheerios with my Summer.