Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

We had a really fun Father's Day. David wanted to do something different this year. He woke up really early this morning, got on his bike and took off while the rest of us slept in. David is in training for a triathlon race coming up this weekend. While David was out, the first thing we did when we woke up was to tape his favorite candy (twizzlers) on the art easel along with Summer and Forrest's drawings of their daddy. We put the easel and his gifts next to the garage door. All of us cheered, "Happy Father's Day!" when he walked through the door.

David had a simple request: to cook dinner for all of us. I left the kitchen reigns to David. We each went around the table and said our favorite things we love about David/Daddy.

Summer said, "I love Daddy because he swims with me and plays with me." The cutest thing was at the end she added, "I am so glad Daddy takes us out on the lake because I love jumping off the sailboat with daddy." I loved that.

Forrest said, "Daddy hugs and loves me." I melted.

And last but not least. I added... "I love David because he is an amazing dad to our kids. He makes me want to be better in all areas of my life. He is the kindest, most sincere and loving person I know. He always hugs me in front of the kids and tells them how much he loves me which I love (and they do too). Most importantly, I love that he is setting an example for our kids as to what a husband and father should be."

I love you David... Happy Father's Day.

I took this picture while we were visiting the mountains recently. These men are two of the three most treasured people in my life. My own dad, my David and his Dad (not pictured). How lucky we were to spend Father's Day together a day earlier at my parents'. I feel truly blessed that my little children have a daddy and two grandaddies as such amazing examples of loving, kind men in their lives.