Thursday, March 25, 2010

Freeze Frame

There are days... when I grab a can of Coke from the fridge, hide somewhere quietly and hope the kids don't find me for a few minutes. Sometimes I sit on the garage floor in the dark or in the bathroom with the door closed, sip my drink while I catch my breath.
There are days... when I watch my Summer and my Forrest play together and wonder how in the world did I get so lucky with these two.
There are days... when I love to capture the kids without them knowing I am there. On Sunday morning they hopped up on the sofa in our family room. Forrest asked his big sister to read to him. He specifically wanted the princess book. Sitting on the sofa pretending to read to her little brother, I am reminded just how little Summer still is. These are the little moments that melt me. Summer is my little nurturer and loves to take on the role of mommy any chance she gets. Oh, how I wish I could just freeze time with these little ones.