Monday, January 25, 2010

The Real Deal



With no intention of taking any photos, David and I were sitting on the front porch watching these two wild kids fly past us down the driveway... over and over and over again. Each time they passed us they had to make sure that we were really watching them. "Mommy, Daddy, look at me" they kept saying. I know that this period of time where their mommy and daddy are the center of their universe is not going to last long. I was sitting there just laughing at how funny they were, thinking how cute they looked, how "real" the moment was. It was Forrest's first attempt at riding his new big boy bike. The moment Forrest got on the bike, fresh from being assembled, he took off. I love the pictures of him looking at David with the expression of "Daddy, look at me!" written all over his face when he was supposed to be looking in front of him. He feels so grown up riding his bike next to his big sister. I thought about how much I am going to miss this someday. I wanted to just scoop them up and smother them in hugs and kisses. I had to capture it. Not so much how they looked but how I felt as I was looking at them.