Monday, January 11, 2010

The Ballerina

Most nights David and I play a shuffling "game" with the kids. With the exception of Tuesday and Thursday nights, our nanny takes care of the kids while we are teaching. I am usually cleaning up dinner and Summer finishing off her last few bites of dinner while David takes Forrest to the tub. Just about the time I finish the dinner dishes, Forrest is done with his bath and David passes him off to me all wet and wrapped like a piggy in his towel. I could just kiss his little cheeks off! It is then Summer's turn in the tub. I get Forrest into his jammies while David finishes with Summer. David and I would make a great relay team... It is like clockwork now. Tonight after Forrest was ready to be put in bed, I walked into the kids' bathroom and saw what is pictured above. How cute is that? But the cutest thing about it is that it is a normal occurrence. David brushes out Summer's tangles and makes sure its all smooth. The majority of my day is spent talking with her. She is quite the conversationalist and follows me around the house just chatting away. When I look at these pictures and see her in her ballerina jammies I am reminded how young she really is. I don't want to forget this time with her. Before I can blink she will be grown and I will want to turn the clock back and see her in the bathroom wearing her ballerina jammies dress while Daddy combs her hair.