Monday, February 1, 2010

... and back

Lately I have felt that Summer and I are in a constant silent struggle. Summer wanting to grow-up and me continually trying to keep her my little girl. I was lying in bed with her the other night as she was dozing off to sleep. We were nose to nose and she was playing with my neck. She has done that since she was an infant. When she was little she would just say, "Mommy neck". So random and to me, so cute. So there we were lying in her room and she said, "Mommy, I love you to the moon, lake, flower, stars, trees, sun, rocks... and back". With that one little sentence my eyes immediately welled up. She can be so trying at times and I think how can I be a better mom. I am learning that you have to mother each child so differently. I try my very best each day and on lots of days I just hope that I am giving my kids what they need. I know I am not the world's best mom but I do think that I am the best mom for my kids. I think we were meant for each other so that we can learn from one another. I hope my kids know that I love them very much, to the sky, lake, rainbow, ocean... and back.