Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hand Made Valentines






I have never been one to buy store bought valentines since I became a mommy. To me, it just seems so silly to do this because I think it is the perfect opportunity for the kids to be creative and have some fun with arts and crafts. Yesterday afternoon Summer sat at her usual spot next to Amelia at the Imig's. They played with doilies, hearts, pens, glue, paper, glitter, stickers, candy, stamps and embellishments, all brought in by the art teacher. It was so much fun to see what the kids make. Summer could not get enough glitter glued on her paper. Her artsy motto is pretty much this: the more, the better. Amelia is a very sweet friend and I am so grateful Summer has a friend like her. To fuel their young creative minds, the kids munched on valentine treats such as heart candies, pink and red popcorn, and red freckled cupcakes. I love to see what Summer will come up with year after year. These are some of Summer's finished valentines.