Monday, October 4, 2010

My Forrest

Forrest has been getting up a lot lately in the middle of the night. I wake up to a little one snuggling next to my bed and little finger pokes on my face. He wants to get in bed with David and me. I don't want to start that habit so I take him back to his bed where he says, "Lay down with me". I snuggle him for a few minutes and tip toe back to bed. That usually does the trick. Two nights ago however that routine was not working. I put him in his bed on three separate occasions. 20 minutes later the whole scene would repeat itself. On the third time I looked at him and said, "Forrest, this is sooo frustrating". He looked at me, started to cry and said, "I not fwusawating, I your Forrest". With that i just smiled, pulled back the covers to our bed and he hopped right in between David and me. How could I resist?

I took these pictures of my Forrest with his little makeshift umbrella yesterday. I asked him what he was doing. He said, "I am making an umbrella with a wood stick on a pizza cardboard box" (he had found from the recycling bin). He was on a hunt in our backyard pretending it was still raining and inspecting the grass. I love this boy.