Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas House



Sharing christmas with children makes for quite a magical season. Our little kids are just in complete awe of anything and everything to do with Christmas. Summer was snuggled up to me on the couch the other night and said, "Mommy, thanks for making our house a christmas house". As the mom in this house, I do feel a responsibility to create the magic of Christmas for Summer and Forrest. We have the tree up and decorated, stockings are hanging over our fireplace. The wreaths are hung... We even have reindeer statue on our front porch, for heavens sake. It is pretty magical for sure. Every morning we watch a different Christmas movie curled up on the couch. All of that is amazing and great but I am also trying to teach these little children the real reason we are doing all of this. I want them to know that having this "Christmas House" is my attempt at showing them the importance of this season. David and I have had family nights with the children where we talked about the importance of giving. Giving is love. I really want them to know why this season is so magical and so special. And David's and my hope is that the Schultz home will be a Christmas house all year long.