Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Morning

Santa really did come to our home. The kids were worried Santa wouldn't be able to deliver his presents with the christmas tree on the deck. He even ate the cookies and drank the milk. The big surprise was a new mountain bike for each of them. They were so excited. We're at a magical age right now with the kids. I want to bottle them up.
I was thinking back to that morning and asking myself if Christmas was pretty much ruined since it was not a "picture perfect" Christmas with all the renovations going on in our house. The dishwasher in the dining room? Check. The tree on the deck? Check. No stove to bake cookies? Check. But, taking care of my babies and being home with my family was the best gift. I told David how thankful I was to be able to hold and hug my children on Christmas morning regardless of the chaos we are dealing with. We were together. That's all that matters to me. Looking back reminds me to be grateful for the little things.