Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Beach and a Birthday Party




We made another trip to the beach.  Forrest was beyond excited as if it were Christmas each time we go. We've gone to the same place for the past 7 years. It is our favorite spot. Forrest has the routine down now. He plays in the waves with his boogie board, fills up his yellow bucket with water, makes sand tracks for his trucks and I of course always look for crab moles. He was so cute looking so serious doing tracks and castle building. It was a really perfect day.

In other Schultz family news - today is my 34th birthday. Summer ran into my room this morning and said, "Mom! Get up! It's your birthday!" I went down the stairs and found David with both kids in the kitchen singing Happy Birthday. He woke the kids up early (without me knowing) and drove them in their pj's to the bagel shop to get me my favorite breakfast bagel. They had a candle in it and everything for me to blow out. It was so cute and the best birthday party ever. Summer and Forrest were especially excited because David let them get their own cinnamon roll because it was "a party". I've had a happy life but I must say that I have never been as happy as I am these days. Here's to another 34 years (and then some)!