Friday, March 18, 2011

Asheville





I loaded up the kids in the car and drove 6 hours to Asheville this week for a few days. It was heavenly.  A much needed break for all of us. The best part was surprising my mom. David had to work so I had both kids to entertain. Our rooms were overlooking Cold Mountain and the Blue Ridge Parkway. I grew up with these views and appreciate them more now than ever.  My parents made everything easy.  The kids had a blast complete with a tire swing (Summer's favorite), the playhouse (Forrest's favorite), feeding the horses (Summer's favorite) and swimming at an indoor pool (Forrest's favorite). My mom and I stood outside with jackets on while the kids played. It was COLD outside. They watched lots of movies and just had fun together. I loved hanging out with my parents and that my kids were with their grandparents. It was a perfect way to spend spring break.