Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer turns 5!




Summer turned 5 on the 22nd. She had school that day so we had to have her party scheduled for the next day. She loved that idea because she was then able to celebrate for two full days. After picking up Summer from school we headed back home for a celebration. She got five daisies, one for each year of her life. I told her five things I loved about her. She specifically requested ravioli pasta with pesto sauce and salad, her very favorite meal, for dinner. She is loving all things pink so I made her a strawberry cake topped with what Summer calls "pink fairy dust".

After dinner and the cake we all watched "Princess and the Frog" movie. We were going to watch it on the screened porch but it got too hot so we moved to the living room. Summer was my first baby and I hold a special place in my heart for this sweet girl. Summer loves to be held, hugged and snuggled. She is the most affectionate in this family. At different times of the day she will just walk up to me and hug me and will say, "I love you, Mama". She loves to please and loves to have as she calls it, "Mommy time". She is an amazing older sister to Forrest and loves to take care of him. I often tell her that the best day of my life was _______. She then always smiles and says, "When I was born". I couldn't say it any better myself. I love you, Summer. Happy 5th Birthday.