Friday, July 16, 2010

Center Stage





Today was the recital at Summer's ballet camp. Summer had one request this morning when she woke up... to bring flowers to her recital. After Forrest and I dropped off Summer at the camp, he and I took off for the florist. I let Forrest pick whatever he wanted to give to his big sister. He looked at the tall buckets of flowers for a while... then narrowed down to the one with the bright yellow sunflowers. Whenever I ask him to do something, he says, "Suuuure, of curse." It kills me every time. That's exactly what he said when I asked him if he wanted to pick flowers. So cute! He loved holding the sunflowers during the entire performance (he felt so proud as you can see) and giving Summer the batch at the end. It was so sweet and adorable. I love you Forrest. I had so much fun with you every morning this week.
Summer chose to wear this blue long gown from the basket of dress-up clothes for the performance. When we arrived, they had put full make-up on all the girls. Wow. I do not know how I am going to get her to wash her face tonight. When we got home Summer wanted to put her sunflowers in a pitcher on her bedroom dresser. I was happy to oblige. I hope Summer felt special and loved on her special morning.