Friday, June 7, 2013

Kindergarten Graduation





It happened. My baby is done with Kindergarten! For days before the graduation ceremony Forrest kept saying, "Mama, I'm REALLY scared. My tummy hurts (butterflies). I don't want to stand in front of millions of people." That was exactly what he said. I told him to pretend it's just Daddy, Summer and me sitting in the audience and our interpreter, Erin, will be standing on stage with him. If he gets nervous, look at Erin signing. It worked like a charm. The whole program was super adorable.
When we dropped him off that morning for the class to rehearse before the ceremony, I was remembering two years ago it was Summer's turn on the stage and I had a 4 year old Forrest sitting next to me. Where is the time going?! Summer was just as emotional as I was on this day. She reached over to hold my hand during the ceremony because she said, "I know you're about to cry... me too." 
Forrest chose to go to Red Robin for lunch, and then go to the lake for the rest of the day. Well, because of Tropical Storm Andrea we decided to save the lake for this weekend. After dinner at home we all went to Fuzzy Peach to get some frozen yogurt. It was a special day for our boy. I love, love, love that I get to be this boy's mama. I am so excited to see where his life will take him and to watch as he grows up. I just don't want him to grow up too fast because this is too much fun.