Saturday, February 16, 2013

Love

When we put the kids to bed last night, David and I went down the stairs to clean up the kitchen. While we were cleaning, he took my hand, and gave me a kiss on the cheek. And you know what? It was just as thrilling as it was the first time he did that, 13 years ago on February 13th. That day David and I volunteered to help with the Special Olympics Ski Team at a ski resort in Boone. After everyone had gone home at the end of the day, it was just the two of us and maybe a few other skiers on the slopes. We rode up on the chair lift in the cold wind as the sun was going down and skied down the mountains as much as we could before we got kicked out. When I loaded up my skis in my car and said my good byes to David, he gave me that first kiss on the cheek.
I am so glad he's my Valentine.
Photo from our family ski trip in Whistler in 2006.