Saturday, July 28, 2012

Forrest's First Day of Kindergarten!

A big week in the Schultz house. Forrest started Kindergarten this past Monday. Hard to believe. He has been anticipating this day for quite some time. About a month ago Forrest chose his backpack and lunchbox. It is so cute to see how proud Forrest is wearing his big boy backpack on the first day of school. He pats it, looks in the mirror and says, "awesome!" Monday morning Forrest was giddy with excitement when I packed his lunch and got his backpack all ready to go "for real". We are so blessed he got a wonderful teacher this year (she was Summer's teacher assistant in Kindergarten). He was so nervous and didn't want to let go of me when I walked him in his classroom. When I went to pick him up on the first day he ran to me and said that he "wants to go to school everyday even when school is over!" I think that says it all. I loved every minute. These are the little details that I love and never want to forget. Here's to a fun Kindergarten year!