Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Santa


We took our kids to see Santa last night. It was crowded at the mall and the line was long. Our kids were wiggly and excited. After what seemed like an eternity we made it to the front of the line. We sat both kids on his lap and they quickly took the picture. As soon as they got the picture Summer and Forrest each got about 30 seconds of Santa one-on-one time. Priceless. I forgot to set my camera's settings before the kids got on his lap and then it was just crazy and too late. The pictures are a mess but I'm thankful I at least got something! You can see Summer explaining to him with her hands the exact thing she wants him to bring her to hold her Leapster games in. Forrest was just as descriptive asking for his very own toy train with a snowplow attached.

I love the author Chris Van Allsburg's description of how he felt about Santa as a child. He explains it as, "An exquisite almost unbearable anticipation of a fairy tale coming to life, a fairy tale that included me."

Just 11 more sleeps!