Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer

Summer LOVES to swim. She was on a winter swim team and loved every minute of it. When that ended she still wanted to swim so we continued her on a summer swim team. She goes to practice every afternoon and has weekly swim meets. Yesterday Summer had her first swim meet. I was so nervous, I had butterflies in my stomach every time Summer stood on the diving block. It is quite impressive to say for a 5 year old to be able to dive off the diving block and to do flip turns. If you came in first or last place each swimmer received a ribbon after their race. Summer is always oblivious as to what number her ribbon read (a good thing) but would just hop out of the pool and give me a big hug and say, "Mom, did you see that?" She wanted to make sure I caught every move of her strokes. It was so cute. I love that part of being a mom. I made sure I made a big deal about the whole meet and of course how cute she looked. It was a really long meet but totally worth it.