Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bye bye 31. Hello 32!





What a fun birthday I had! My sweet David let me sleep in a bit later than usual. When I woke up, the kids came upstairs with little surprises - my favorite candy box, birthday cards the kids made, and flowers. Summer, being the birthday coordinator days in advance, was so happy to be part of this day. She started to sing "Happy Birthday to you" days before the official day, so cute. Being it a beautiful day, we could not resist a trip to the pool. There, Forrest swam all by himself for the first time without his bubble. Wow. David gave me the best gift I could ever ask for - a homemade dinner while I sat and read a magazine - pure delight. He went shopping, cooked, set the table, entertained the kids, and did (most!) of the dishes. It was so nice to relax. My David baked a coconut cake with vanilla icing, topped with my favorite flowers. It was the best - a perfect ending to a wonderful birthday.