Sunday, May 4, 2014

One More Sleep

We have been counting down how many more sleeps until Forrest's 7th birthday. The first thing he said when he woke up this morning was, "only one more sleep 'til my birthday!" A few months back, I bought a vintage plate that says, 'happy birthday' in the center of it. I thought it would make birthdays a little more special if every year the kids get to have their birthday meals on this pretty plate. I showed it to Forrest and let me tell you, he has NOT forgotten. It makes me smile... and Summer tells me how much she LOVES the gold on it and speaks of this special plate with almost a sense of reverence. She can't wait for her turn.

For the last two weeks Forrest has gone to the chest in the kitchen where I keep it a few times a day and just stares at it, asking when it will be his birthday so he can use it. Today I finally let him get it out. I am happy to report that we now have it all washed and ready for his birthday breakfast tomorrow morning. How sweet are the simple pleasures.