Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dear Summer

Dear Summer,
When I was about your age I loved to swing on the tire swing. So much that at one point the rope gave up, snapped and I fell. I hurt my back but that didn't stop me from getting on the tire swing after Grandaddy put it back up. The swing was hung on the tree in front of your grandparents' house. Sadly they had to cut the tree down when I left for college. Grandaddy found another tree not too far away from the old tree. It is the perfect spot. You love to swing as high as you can. Just like your mama when she was a little girl. It is one of your favorite things to do when we visit Grandaddy and Grams in the mountains.
Summer, you were so cute swinging on the tire swing and as you were looking over the hills you said, "Mama, I love it here because this is where you were a little girl." I couldn't have said it better myself.