Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pictures with Santa

Starting with Summer's first Christmas, I have gone to the mall and stood in line to get my kids' pictures with Santa. For four years, I have failed at this attempt. When Summer was little she would always be so excited in the line and then as soon as we would get to the front of the line, sheer terror would overcome her. I would put my screaming child on Santa's lap and then say, "Just take the picture!" Maybe I am sick but I would think that the screaming child on Santa's lap would be a classic shot. I am happy to report that this year I can finally start this tradition. Summer thinks it is hilarious now. I put their picture with Santa in a silver frame and I can't wait to see our collection grow. Until I can find a front entry table, the kitchen window is the perfect spot to display their picture with Santa.

p.s. How cute is that little deaf elf we named Collie? He reports back to Santa each night if they have been good or bad. I find him all over our house at different places every day... I think my kids love him, too.